Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Wackness



I will not be surprised if this film was picked up just after its premier last night at the Racket Club Theater here at Sundance. As soon as the film was over I was ready to watch it again. So here is a little background...It took place in NYC in the summer of 1994 and did a great job of representing the 90’s especially the first few months of Giuliani’s NYC crackdown on crime and the rising popularity of rap music. The filmmaker made countless 90's jokes, most, but not all of which I understood.
There is a good review on Film School Rejects (link)
and I actually met the guy who wrote it after the screening.

Even more exciting was the cast of this movie... Josh Peck, Olivia Thirlby, Ben Kingsley, Famke Janssen, Mary Kate Olsen, Method Man. IMDB them for more info. They all worked flawlessly together. (IMBD pics here)

In addition I was sitting across the aisle from Mary-Kate Olsen, who was next to Ben Kingsley (who I shook hands with and talked to after the show) THEN I realized we were sitting next to Sandra Oh from Gray's Anatomy, and I spoke with her for a minute, and we were also sitting next to Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal (Babel, Motorcycle Diaries, Y Tu Mama Tambien) and THEN Quentin Tarentino walked in. So it was pretty interesting.

I just found out where Perez Hilton is so I am gonna go stalk him now. I will try to update again but I have no Internet in my condo so I must go to Main st. to get wireless.