Friday, April 20, 2007

Hello Everyone!



I have been such a bad bad blogger recently, but as it nears the end of the school year my time available to blog has dwindled. I am currently sinking into a goopy puddle of astronomy homework that no one seems to be able to complete unless you have a "Fuente" by your side. Dr. Carlos and Raul Fuente that is. Carlos is our astronomy professor and Raul is the lab instructor, and the one accompanying up to the Canary Islands on Sunday. They used to assign us pretty easy astronomy homework that involved some research, but was pretty well solved by using some critical thinking (although not many people at my school have this)

So this lovely Friday afternoon I am going to go to school (ew) 45 minutes away (ew) solely to use the computer programs needed to complete my homework assignment, with the hope that if I run into any problems... which seem to stalk me... that I will be able to grab a Fuente, and after about 30 minutes of them talking to me, hopefully be able to dig up a viable answer.


However, even though I am looking at even more work, and insanely less sleep while I am in the Canaries, it should be quite interesting. We get to use professional astronomer’s facilities and take pictures of the moon, stars, galaxies and such. I leave Sunday morning and come back to Madrid at 10pm Wednesday. I am excused from all my missed class and therefore I only have 2 days of class left before finals!

My time is almost up, I leave here May 15th at like 7am or something and I arrive in LA that same afternoon, making it seem like it only took me 8 hours to get home instead 17. I am excited to come home, I miss my parents and my sister and my friends. However I know after a few weeks in the states I’ll be begging you to send me back, so either way it’s gonna suck a little.

Anyway I still can’t wait to have some Wood Ranch and In-n-out. Not to mention come back and turn 21 in 9 days! My 21st birthday officially makes me old, and marks the LAST big birthday celebration that will not involve a decade… the only big birthdays after 21 involve 0’s… 30, 40, 50 ect. GREAT.

Oh well. I am gonna go do astronomy and continue my plot to take over the world on the bus ride there.