Thursday, March 1, 2007

Portugal!

Well, tonight at 10:45 I leave for Lisbon, or "Lisboa", in Spanish. I am very excited, this will be the first time I have ever left the country! Also, will the first time I have ever been on a train, a sleeper train no less! Which is great because we sleep the whole way there, arriving at about 8am. I do usually enjoy looking out the window, but after about 2 hours, it gets pretty boring.

Also Portugal should be interesting because they speak Portuguese (duh), and although it is similar to Spanish, I doubt we will be able to communicate too much. Luckily, according to my roommate, most people spoke English. Oh well, guess I will not be practicing Spanish, or much Portuguese this weekend.

Anyway, I will try and find an Internet cafe while I am there, but if not, you will hear from me on Monday morning, at 9am when I get back to Madrid.

<3 Chau