Thursday, March 29, 2007

Semana Santa

This coming week is "Holy Week" here in Espa~a. I am so happy my break started today because my brain shut down about two weeks ago, therefore school has been slightly difficult, but not unmanageable.

SO, I haven't been up to too much lately, my friends all left for the Canary Islands today, and Carl arrives tomorrow at about 14:30. I have been slightly jealous of my friends who get to "tomar el sol" (sunbathe), for 8 straight days, however after a quick check of the weather I discovered it will be almost as hot in Italy as the Canaries (70ish) so I am not too bothered, besides I get to see Carl. It is going to be so great to see someone from home over here, and I am especially excited to take him around Madrid.

Also, I received a lovely basket of candy hearts from my mummy for Easter, and as soon as I opened it, it occurred to me that I wouldn't be having Easter with my family. I have no idea why the thought hadn't struck me sooner, but it was kind of sad. I am especially going to miss beating Alison at the Easter egg hunt, as I do every year, because I have a superior strategy, even though she would like to claim otherwise. Also good 'ol family dinner, with Uncle Frank asking me if I know any new jokes, and even though I used to prepare some, I don't think I have actually had a joke for him in like 4 years, but we usually come up with some anyway. Also the usually family banter is always cherished. And, my favorite, on the occasions when it is warm, hanging out in the backyard around Easter time is also lovely.

Oh well, I think Sandy is going to have some people over to her apartment and we shall celebrate together, I am sure Jackie, her roommate will cook, and that girl makes the best chicken, fried plantains(not like they are hard to fry, but still)and corn ever. So we it will be more of a Dominican style Easter, but whatever, I freaking love plantains.

Finally, after Spring Break is over, even though I don't want it to ever end, I head over to Amsterdam, which should be good times as well. So chau, I will try and post when I am in Italy, but no promises. <3