Sunday, January 14, 2007

Finally in Madrid

I finally am in Madrid, it is a big city but it really isn’t overwhelming. The thing that is overwhelming is the fact that I suck at Spanish. In fact, my roommate and I were met by our host mother today. Her name is Lidia and she is very sweet and reminds me of my grandma. However, she ONLY speaks Spanish. And I can only understand like 30% of what she says.

Also my room is beyond tiny, and I share it with Tara, who I have decided is cool. Seriously this whole house feels like the cabin of a sailboat… that is how small it is. However Lidia is super nice and she is a good cook. I am going to go to the flea market in the morning with some people and wander around for a while so that I can orient myself. My roomie is sleeping so I’m keeping this short. Goodnight all!!

Sorry about the pics, any ideas of a good website to have host them?! That is the only reason for their delay.