Monday, January 15, 2007

Suffolk Madrid Orientation

Okay so today was my first day traveling on the Metro.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting It was very exciting. It takes me a while to get to school but the lines are really easy to understand. My senora went with us to school to show us the way, and it was so cute. She was like our mom dropping us off on our first day of kindergarten!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

However, I do despise orientations of any kind. Today the Suffolk University people gave us our class schedules and told us all the rules ect. It was all quite annoying, however we did get a tour of the area around campus, the told us where to get cheap food and school supplies so that was cool. There is this store called La Tiende Verde, which means The Green Store, and it is literally a hole in the wall, but it is super cheap. For 5 euro I got a HUGE sandwich (the American kind!) a Bueno bar (chocolate with hazelnut inside) and a Coke Zero.

I also got see my friend Sandy’s apartment right near school, and it is pretty nice/huge, however I think, even though my room is small, that I prefer living with Lidia. Because the apartment kids have to make their own food and wash their own clothes, which totally sucks especially because there is not a single dryer in this country, and me and clotheslines to not have a friendly history. Oh yeah, I think I forgot to mention I don’t have to do laundry!!! I am very excited.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I apologize for my lack of pictures at the moment. I promise to take my camera out with me tomorrow. I will also post my class schedule as soon as I confirm it all.

I feel like you all have questions about Madrid and where I am staying, ect. So PLEASE por favor, leave me a comment and ask and I will gladly answer you! <3 adios