Thursday, January 11, 2007

I survived the cold!

Today we took a tour of Cateres, which is the third best medieval town in the world to tour. It is where we are staying and it is really pretty. It was about 34 degrees during our 3 hour walking tour through the city, and I don’t think I have ever been in such cold!! However, I was well prepared, I had so many layers it would have put an onion to shame. We bought sweets from a nunnery where the nuns never leave, so you put the € down and then this thing spins, you tell them what you want, and it spins back with the sweets on it. It was very quaint.

Right now I am in the internet café around the corner from the hotel and it is pretty chill place, I will try and post pictures today or tomorrow, I keep forgetting to bring my camera with me when I come here!

Anyway, last night was the best one so far. We went all over town and danced the night away. Our huge mob of people was funny because wherever we went people wanted to talk to us because we spoke English, and I had my first encounter with, “The very forward Spanish Man,” we have all been warned about. He was very excited that I was from California and wanted to dance with me but luckily my friend Sandy and I worked out a plan for this certain scenario in which we simply act like Spanish women. Which means that we completely ignore them and pretend like they don’t exist, then dance with one another. It works flawlessly.

It is quite funny because Spanish men are so forward only because Spanish women treat them like dirt. It takes a Spanish guy 5 hours just to get a number from a Spanish girl, so naturally they think American girls are super easy hahaha.

Anyway I’ve made some pretty cool friends so far, most are from Boston, which is resulting in me suddenly acquiring a Boston accent. Mostly because Sandy, the girl I hang out with the most has the best stereotypical accent ever!

Lastly, I found out that I am living near the Prado which is famous museum in Spain, and it is in the center of all the action, near the subway and all the good bus stops. Unfortunately I am living with this girl Tara, who I haven’t quite figured out yet. Hopefully she isn’t a sloo. Also I live with just one woman and we all share one bathroom. Which also sucks because there are defiantly people here who get their own room and bathroom!! Oh well, I’ll get over it.

Okay dinner is about to be served, so I have to head back.

Goodnight!