Sunday, February 4, 2007

Dirty Gypsies & Slooha Stealers

AH, yestarday, Tara and I watched a dirty gypsie steal a womans wallet.

There was a parade going on in the middle of Puerta Del Sol, I am not sure what it was for, but it was pretty big. We stopped over to watch, VERY aware of our belongings. I had my purse zipped up, and the zippers were near my hand, so I wasn't worried.


But this woman had her wallet in her camera bag over her shoulder and this guy turned around and walked passed her, and snatched it out of her bag. But she saw him!! So she turned around, grabbed him and yanked it out of his hand!!!!!! Then she swore profusley in Spanish. The guy just walked off, the chick was just glad to have her stuff, so he wasn't afraid of being chased.



But as Tara and I left the parade, we wondered how much was stolen from those people while they watched?

Also, we saw this sign today near our house. It is attached to the fence that closes off an area where they are doing construction. It is so cute, however, for some reason everyone thought it was kinda weird but we didn't know why. Today I realized the reason it was wierd was, it is in ENGLISH! Why a spanish construction area would have a message in English is beyond me. But it is still cute. I kinda wanna take it.