Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hoy

Today I was supposed to go to Segovia. This cool city about two hours outside of Madrid. I got on the metro and headed to the Cercanias line which is the train station where I intended on buying my ticket.

However, after getting trapped in, what I like to call, "the box of metro death," then running around trying to find the right platform, and finally buying a ticket, sprinting to the station.... then missing the train.

My friend, Sandy, called me and informed me that everyone had made the train but me. And I was sad. I didn't want to wait two hours for the next train so I decided to just explore Madrid, take the bus around, shop, ect.

Then Sandy calls back and informs me that they just discovered they got on the wrong train, and we headed away from Segovia. SO they decide we will just take the bullet train from the Atocha station into Toledo, a closer city to the south of Madrid.

SO I get back on the metro, head to the Atocha station, only to discover, after about 45 minutes of lines and confusing Spaniards... that there is no way we are going to make the train.

So we give up.

We walked to Puerta del Sol, eat, then went to see our first movie in Madrid, Marie Antoinette. I do not recommend it. It had no plot. But it was still fun to watch. But seriously, there is absolutely NO plot.

Tomorrow is Sunday, I might head to the flea market, or explore the Prado. I will let you know tomorrow, chau!