Monday, February 26, 2007

I live in this place called Madrid, have you heard of it?


Yeah, so sometimes I think that I just live in an average cosmopolitan city (which I do) but I completely forget that I am in a different country, let alone continent. Except I can't understand like 40% of what people say and I don't have my precious trailblazer to drive wherever I please.

My life is pretty dull this week. It would tick off Galileo if he had as much Astronomy homework as I do right now, my Spanish class is retarded, it moves at the pace of a kindergarten class, and my art history class is one cruel, cruel joke. It was so funny because when I got here they tried to scare us into going class and told us that our grade would drop after two unescused absences (which peeved so many people).

Everyone was so grumpy then, but now I realize that it doesn't matter, because the classes are so easy. My biggest problem with them is that they participate in the cruel, antiquated practice of busywork... not even real educational homework, but the kind your professor gives you because he thinks he should.

Sigh, that was just me being a winer, but still, this school is such a joke, I have never had an easier semester and I am thankful for it because I get to spend more time galavanting around Madrid.

I've started taking photos of all the random things in Madrid so you can look forward to that album soon. Also, this weekend I am heading to Lisbon, my roomate just returned from the same trip this morning and she had a blast, I can't wait, luckily school days pass quickly.

<3 the whiner.