Wednesday, February 21, 2007

FIRE!

Well, a few things exciting happened today, but my day definitely ended with me watching someones apartment burn. I felt bad but I can't help but be drawn to destruction... and it's not like I was the only one.
Here is some footage I shot with my camera phone...

This first video they aren't trying to put out the fire, but they are spraying water on the windows of the apartment above to alert anyone who is inside.


This is what I saw when I first got out of the subway

Here is a still shot...


Anyway, it was a productive day, I went running in Retiro, the huge park by my apartment, I got my eyebrows waxed for the first time here (yeah I know, the plucking has sucked!) They did it different too, they didn't put paper over the wax, they just pulled off the wax, AND they had to do it over the same spots a couple times. So I have no idea what that was about.


I also got my ABONO pass for the metro FINALLY. It took me so long because I had to apply for the "Joven" pass because I am under 21. Which works out great for me because then when I actually buy the pass, it is much less expensive than the regular one. The pass is monthly, so instead of having to buy a "10 viajes" pass for 6euro I can have an unlimited amount for around 20euro, which will save me mucho euros because of how often I have to take the metro.
Oh, but my picture makes me look like I am wanted in the Czech Republic for murdering my boyfriend and selling drugs. But whatever, we all know I take convict photos.


OH and I found out that Tara, my roomate is a EU Citizen because both of her parents are Irish. This makes me especially jelous because EU citizens can basically just flash thier passport and be allowed into any EU country. So yeah, that is all for today, I got to go to class, Chau