Monday, February 5, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Me

Today is the official one month anniversary of me being in Spain! It is so crazy because the first week felt like a whole month. But now, yeah I guess it feels like a month.

I also got my hair cut and I didn't end up with a mullet or puffy 5yr old girl bangs!! here is the result...

Today I also finished Atlas Shrugged! I got my first cup of Starbucks coffee in Spain (I have avoided it for so long because coffee is so good here, and bc it is SOO expensive) I wanted to finish my novel outside somewhere pretty, so I sat in front of Starbucks facing a famous fountain in Madrid.
Madrid - Neptune Fountain -Another view
ignore this link please


Atlas Shrugged is the longest novel I have ever read [1069 pages], but it was also the best. It had such an amazing plot that perfectly described her philosophy, and told a freakin' good story. She over explained it just a tad towards the end, but that is my only critique. I am going to start One Houndred Years of Solitide, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez tomorrow, and I am quite excited.

In other news today I went to the Escher Exhibit. If you have ever taken a geometry class I am sure you have seen at least one of his drawings in poster form up on the wall of your classroom. It was really cool and actually included this area you could walk into that made you feel like the room kept going when really it was just the way the mirrors were angled. It was creepy but cool.



Other than that, I bought a cute pair of boots for 20€ and I am going to Tapas Night at school tomorrow! I will let you know if the food is any good in my next post.
Until then, Chau.