Saturday, February 3, 2007

Lokua Sucks



There is this club in Madrid, called Lokua, that we have been to once before. The first time it was okay, but I still wasn't a fan of the music, it was 100% American Hip Hop, and that's just not my style. But last night when we went the DJ was SOOO bad, I could have mixed a better set together than that guy, and I have no musical talent what-so-ever! He would just mix one track into the next and he just played like radio music. I think the high point of the night was when the club dancers got on stage. There were these two hoe-ish girls and this one very muscular effeminate man, and the girls were dancing, then out of nowhere they just pulled each others tops off. They just kept dancing with no shirts on! It was disturbing, that was when we decided, it was definitely time to leave. Besides the bouncers were grumpy jerks, however we did get in without a cover charge. So luckily the only money they got out of me was 1€ to check my coat.


But we still had a good night, we left the club and walked to Puerta del Sol, found this funny little bar where the owner kept asking us questions about America. When I told him I was from LA he started talking about the LA Riots and Michael Jackson. They he talked about Billy Joel or something and played us 90's music all night. My roommate and I left early and walked the block back home. I love Madrid, because walking home at 5am is like walking around in America at 5pm. There are just as many people out. It's great!

Tomorrow I am going to get my hair done! I am going with a native Spanish speak just in case the hairdresser doesn't understand- No Mullet and No Bleach! I have no idea what I am going to do today. I just wrote some postcards and I am doing homework. I don't think I will go out tonight, unless people just want to relax somewhere. Anyway, until next time, Chau.